Effective Date: May 25, 2018
We are committed to providing accurate information to help you to make an educated decision about how, and where, your personal information is stored, processed and used.
By accessing the website or providing information, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
LodgIQ provides a software product enabling hotel companies to manage their business forecast and analytical reporting. LodgIQ RM extracts intelligent revenue insights through deep analysis of big data to maximize price optimization and simplify everyday revenue management tasks.
Which information LodgIQ collects from you
Personal data is information that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We will collect and process information about users of our website and customers in order to provide our services. We also process your data when you enter into a contract as a customer or supplier of LodgIQ. Personal data processed by us may include, but is not limited to: name, address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information, and records of our interactions.
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations.
Any Personal information which is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by applicable law and its use will be limited to the objectives for which it was collected. The form of consent can vary from implied consent to express consent, depending upon the circumstances and the sensitivity of the type of information collected. Consent may have been obtained from the hotel company that originally collected the information.
Whenever applicable, LodgIQ will offer individuals the opportunity to choose, by opting out, if Personal Information will (1) be disclosed to a third party or (2) be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. For all and any Sensitive Information, LodgIQ will provide opportunity to consent, by opting in, to the disclosure of the information for any other purposes different from the purpose of original collection.
How we collect your information
We collect personal data from and about users of our website, our customers, and partners through the provision of our services. We also collect information from conferences and events we attend.
Information you give us:
- This is information about you that you give us directly through our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, verbally or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website or services, when you report a problem with our website and when you provide us with details relating to the nature of any query or problem.
Information we collect about you.
- When you visit our website we will automatically collect:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, language and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page
Before disclosing Personal Information to any third party, LodgIQ ensures that any third party for which Personal Information may be disclosed, subscribes to the Principles or are subject to laws providing the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles, and agree in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection.
LodgIQ may share personal information with third parties, for example:
Other Service Providers: LodgIQ may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as Sales, Marketing or information technology services. During such instances, only needed information to perform those services will be provided and it is ensured that these service providers are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of information and limit the use of personal information to the service being provided.
LodgIQ processes Personal Information only in a way which is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, LodgIQ takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
LodgIQ has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect personal information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, LodgIQ uses strong as passwords, strict firewalls rules and Secure Socket Layers, to secure the Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. In addition, LodgIQ employees and any third parties are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of personal information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
These above measures include:
- Physical security and access to all LodgIQ premises;
- All access to computer hardware is password protected, with encryption and default security firewalls in place;
- Staff access to personal information is given on a need to know basis only. Tight controls, consistent with the Payment Card Industry standard, are maintained in relation to the use, storage and processing of PII credit card data; and
- Regular training of staff in relation to storage.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or transmitted to other users of the website, is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on a website, or transmitted to other users of a website, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages. Although we take efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to a website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Who LodgIQ might share your information with
We may from time-to-time make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with LodgIQ, such as the following:
- Service providers such as the technology platforms we use to support our business who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, in which case personal data we hold about our customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
If we engage a third party to process an individual’s personal data on our behalf, that third party will be bound by our data privacy policies or have similar contractual obligations in relation to the storage and processing of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation or when data is requested by government or law enforcement authorities;
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
International transfers of personal data
From time to time, we may transfer your personal information to our internationally based offices, suppliers or service providers based outside of the US for the purposes described in this policy. If we do this, your personal information will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law.
You have the right to ask us not to process, or to stop processing, your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us on the details set out below in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is called a “subject access request”. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge except in exceptional circumstances.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us so that we can locate your personal information.
We strive to maintain accurate, complete, and relevant personal information for the purposes identified in this privacy statement. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or to have your information deleted or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. You also have the right to port your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out below in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory data protection body that regulates us if you have concerns about how we use your personal information. For information on how to do this, please see the ‘Contact Us’ section.
Governmental or Other Authorities:
If ordered by a court of law or for other legal reasons, such as to comply with a legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, to protect the company’s rights and property, LodgIQ may have to disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory institution. In some cases, disclosure may be without notice.
Any Successor Entity: In the case of any significant transaction or event such as a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to LodgIQ databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, LodgIQ would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to the successor-in-interest company to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
Our websites may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to better customize the services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to the website; and
- Deliver targeted advertising based on products or content you have shown an interest in.
You can change your cookie settings at any time via your browser ‘preferences’ or ‘settings’ menu, usually in a privacy and security section. You can choose to block cookies here, but this will mean that certain features of our website and many others may not work properly. You can also ask for alerts about cookies, see the cookies stored on your computer, and choose to remove or block particular cookies.
85 Broad Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Or emailed to: